Shower Faucet Seat

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by vw6366, Jan 1, 2009.

1. vw6366

vw6366 New Member

OK here we go my cold water was dripping so I took it off to replace the washer and then I saw that the Faucet Seat was just sit in the pipe so I tried to put it back in the threads and they are all broke so I cant put the seat back in

WHAT should I DO NOW
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

It sounds like you are ready for a new faucet.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

either call a plumber who has a set of taps so he can install a different sized seat, or replace the faucet.
  4. vw6366

vw6366 New Member

so what I have to do is cut the other side of the wall and replace the hole thing or is there an easy way
  5. Go to a pro plumbing supply house and look for shower faucets with extra large estucheon plates made for the purpose of going into the wall from the shower side to replace the faucet. The large estucheon plates will cover the larger hole necessary to remove the old and install the new faucet.
    Just ask, and they will know what you need.
    Good Luck!
    Mike