Shower drain slants the wrong direction

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by rsmith99, Apr 8, 2008.

1. rsmith99

rsmith99 New Member

I had to move my shower drain over a couple of inches to center it for a larger shower. When I put a small string bubble level on the exposed drain under the slab I noticed the drain pipe slants slightly toward the shower drain instead of away from the shower drain. My new trap and riser to the shower are plumb.

The drain under the slab has been this way for 17 years and never caused a problem. I would have to bust up my whole bathroom to fix this.

How common is this problem? Should I even worry about it?

Thanks!
    Ron
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

When you turn the cheap level the other way what does it say?

Just checking!
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

level?

A string level is accurate enough for measuring a long distance, but not as a surface level setting on a pipe. Even if it is actually off level the way you indicate, as a practical matter, it does not create any problems.