Shower dial

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Ronn, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Ronn

Ronn New Member

I have one of those shower dials with one dial to control hot and cold. I can do some small repairs but Iam just too apprehensive to do this one. The problem is that its dripping. Any other fixture I know all I have to do is replace the washer, but I dont even know where to start with this. If it matters, there is no name on the cover plate to tell me who makes this particular one. Can anyone help me here? Thanks
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

We can't help you either without knowing who made the valve and its model. A picture of the faucet might help. But, if you don't know who made the valve or how to fix it, call a plumber and you won't have to worry about damaging it.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Some are fairly easy to replace the cartridge, some are a pain. Depending on the model, the parts may be free. A picture with the handle and cover off showing the inner parts might help along with one showing the handle.