Shower Control Knob Stuck

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by John24689, Jun 19, 2006.

1. John24689

John24689 New Member

I was trying to take off the shower control knob, the one which diverts the water from the tub to the shower head. I have got the screw out, but the know is stuck and will not come off. Any suggestions?

Also, when I take a shower, I notice some water coming from the faucet into the tub? What can cause this?

Thanks and have a great day.
    John
  2. If you are speaking of a tub spout diverter, replace the entire tub spout as the assembly normally doesn't have repair parts. This will also solve your issue of water coming out of the faucet the same time as the shower is running.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

diverter

It is a three valve diverter so it does have repair parts, although the best repair for it is to replace the entire stem unit. There are many ways to remove the handle, but most depend on experience and telling you how to do it might just cause you to damage the handle. The best way is to buy a handle puller and use that.