Shower arm installation

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by dogs01, Mar 19, 2007.

1. dogs01

dogs01 New Member

I am installing a shower head/arm. I am unable to thread the arm completely in order to keep it at the angle needed. Is it ok for the arm to be somewhat loose? If yes, how can I check for leak?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Loose is not good! It could leak inside the wall and mess things up quickly.

Two things, either rotate it around further or try adding another layer or two of teflon tape. This takes some experimentation to get it just right.
  3. AlwaysInHotWater

AlwaysInHotWater New Member

Not sure I would trust just putting more teflon tape on it. I believe in using plenty of tape but the pipe still needs to be tight especially behind the wall where you can't see a leak.