shower and Lav back to back

Users who are viewing this thread

K2

Reaction score
Website
www.draghead.com
Hey guys, I think i remember reading this on the site, so point me in the right direction if someone knows of a post but I can't find it:

I'm still in design phase of my renovation and i'm curious if I can share a vent and a drain for a shower and lav that are back to back sharing a wall.

The lav would drain down to a 2" pipe slightly ahead of the the shower drain. The lav would also have a 2" vent connecting back to the main stack, and the shower would share that same vent, the drains won't be more than 5-6 inches apart, and total distance of 36" from the stack.

thoughts?

jecole13

Reaction score
If I understand you correctly... Your lav and shower are on the same level, as the drains drop below the floor the shower should have a p-trap and then connect to the lavatory (2" combination) which would serve as a wet vent for the shower. The shower drain should not exceed 6 ft. before connecting to the lav.

K2

Reaction score
Website
www.draghead.com
Thanks for the reply!

Yes they're on the same level

I'm not good at the isometric thing(the drains are draining downhill) but the image I attached is what I'm proposing.

Again the shower will drain within 6" of the Lav Drain and both drains are within 36" of the main stack.

thanks!

Attachments

• ShowerLav.jpg
    ShowerLav.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 183
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks