shower and Lav back to back

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by K2, Dec 9, 2008.

1. K2

K2 New Member

Hey guys, I think i remember reading this on the site, so point me in the right direction if someone knows of a post but I can't find it:

I'm still in design phase of my renovation and i'm curious if I can share a vent and a drain for a shower and lav that are back to back sharing a wall.

The lav would drain down to a 2" pipe slightly ahead of the the shower drain. The lav would also have a 2" vent connecting back to the main stack, and the shower would share that same vent, the drains won't be more than 5-6 inches apart, and total distance of 36" from the stack.

thoughts?
  2. jecole13

jecole13 Junior Member

If I understand you correctly... Your lav and shower are on the same level, as the drains drop below the floor the shower should have a p-trap and then connect to the lavatory (2" combination) which would serve as a wet vent for the shower. The shower drain should not exceed 6 ft. before connecting to the lav.
  3. K2

K2 New Member

Thanks for the reply!

Yes they're on the same level

I'm not good at the isometric thing(the drains are draining downhill) but the image I attached is what I'm proposing.

Again the shower will drain within 6" of the Lav Drain and both drains are within 36" of the main stack.

thanks!

Attached Files:

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

It is done all the time. As long as it is done properly there is no problem with doing it.