Shallow Well Jet Pump Venturi and Nozzle

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by srmcclur, Jul 13, 2011.

1. srmcclur

srmcclur New Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Hey. I have a new Dayton convertible jet pump with a shallow well bolt on ejector that I'm installing for a lake house. It's just drawing water from a hose from the lake only about 6 feet in depth and 100' of run.

I bought the shallow well ejector set and it has a variety of venturis and nozzles. It's apparent how the venturi screws into the ejector but there really aren't any directions and I can't figure out how the nozzle installs into the pump/ejector in relation to the venturi.

Sorry for the stupid DIY question...any help is appreciated !
  2. masterpumpman

masterpumpman New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Consult and Teach Well Drilling Internationally
    Virginia Beach, VA
    The venturi should screw into the bolt on jet assembly, then bolt the assembly to the pump. The 3 venturi's are for different depths vs. pressure. In your case it won't matter much. I'd use the venturi with the largest inside diameter.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement