sewer gas smell from ejector pump *also in 'pumps'*

Users who are viewing this thread

rickagresta

Reaction score
hello, all; my problem is one of extreme odor, coming from the in-ground injector pump. This problem was not always present, so I'm at somewhat of a loss as to what the problem might be. The unit has its own vent stack, which as far as I can tell is clear & unblocked; I can't find any 'obvious' leaks or loose connections {e.g., the flexible plastic sleeves which join sections of PVC seem to be securely in place, and are tightly connected}.

If anyone has any thoughts they'd like to share, I'd be grateful.
tia,
Rick Agresta

rickagresta

Reaction score
no, there's no floor drain; at first I thought it might be from the powderroom sink trap, but running water, and 'clearing out the stink' turned out to not make a difference (smell returned).

I'll give the silicone caulk a try; thanks for your suggestion.

btw, is it probably against code to have a vent for sewer gases somewhere other than the roof?

Rick

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
that could be a problem

i have seen people install a sewage ejector pit and pump with only an auto air vent stuck to the lid......

you might want to see where the vent does lead to....

if all you got is a studor vent that could also be the culprit.

just seal the living hell out of the top of the lid with 2 or 3 tubes of CLEAR ALEX layted silocone....

clear looks best when dry and if you lay it on thick all over the inlet pipes and allover the seal, its bound to have some affect.

rickagresta

Reaction score
that was a leading question I asked; the vent runs up to the ceiling, then out at a 90º angle directly thru the basement wall to the outside. it is about 12" above grade. if the silicone doesn't do the trick I'm going to see about adding a vent fan in the vent line, to help push the stink along (where it'll stink up the side yard, I expect....)

Rick

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks