Sewer Ejector Connections!

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by ttboyy, May 20, 2005.

1. ttboyy

ttboyy New Member

I am installing a Basement Bathroom that is using a Sewer Ejection system tying into our Septic System.

I noticed that the plumber connected the Toilet and Tub into the Main Intake within the Ejector housing; yet they then tied the Sink Drain into the Vent Intake Pipe instead of the Main Intake the Tub and Toilet share.

Is this type of configuration an acceptable connection to make from the Sink Drain Through the Vent Pipe into the Ejector Housing? :confused:
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

IT will work, but it will be noisy because the water is dropping into the pool of water in the tank, rather than flowing in through the side inlet. Most plumbers would not connect it that way, since it is not the commonly accepted way to do it. I do not know what an inspector would say about it because I have never seen it done that way.
  3. sewage pit

yes it will work fine....

basically its sort of a wet vent

is the line vented back into the main vent??

it would work better if it was, but it will work either way.