Sewager Ejector and Flexible PVC??

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by eddle6389, Feb 19, 2005.

1. eddle6389

eddle6389 New Member

Hello,

I am in the process of installing my new Flotec Sewage Ejector Pump. I have an odd angle where my discharge line from my pump ties into my main 4 inch drain line. The builder has a 4" to 2" plug in the cleanout and I am tying in to that point. I can force the 2" lines together, but I don't get a complete fit. Is this OK or can I use a section of flexible pvc to make this connection? The specs on the flex pipe say it is rated to 100psi, but I'm not sure if you can cement it to rigid pvc.

Question # 2 - How far should your vent pipe extend into your sump basin?

Thanks in advance for your help.

John
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pump

Any "odd" angle can be connected using the proper drain fittings. Flexible PVC can be joined to rigid as long as your cement specifies that it is for flex pvc. The vent does not extend into the pit. It starts at the cover and goes up from there.
  3. eddle6389

eddle6389 New Member

Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply. Would you reccomend using flexible pvc for a pressure application or am I better off working with the standard pvc?

JOhn
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pvc

I would use rigid PVC. The flexible material is thicker and the joints do not always handle pressure as well, but at your connection point pressure should not be a problem.