Sewage Ejector Pump recs - Zoeller 267?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Osses, May 7, 2009.

1. Osses

Osses New Member

May 7, 2009
    We are installing a bathroom with shower, sink and toilet in our basement. It will be just a few feet below grade so we need a sewage ejector pump. The bathroom will be primarily for our houseguests so will get intermittent use for much of the year, but intense use for a few weeks every summer, but who knows what the future will bring.

Thanks to all the fine posts on this forum, I think we will buy a Zoeller #267 non-automatic pump to which we will add a piggy back switch (someone recommended MasterSwitch #10VM1-WP).

My questions - is this a good decision? Any additional recommendations? I'm completely overwhelmed by all the options.

Second, anyone know where I can purchase this pump here in Seattle? Fergusons maybe?

Thank you very much for your advice.
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Jan 5, 2008
    Test, Don't Guess!
    Land of Cheese
    Zoeller is a very good pump. You might consider getting a pre-packaged system. You can get a Zoeller Pump and basin with the piggy-back switch and hi level alarm as a package. You can choose the exact basin and pump you want for the package. We bought ours on the website
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. SewerRatz

SewerRatz Illinois Licensed Plumber

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago Illinois Licensed Plumber
    Chicago, IL
    I prefer the Hydromatic pumps over the Zoeller. Hydromatic makes a ejector system "224 System" it is a 24" x 32" pit with the SKV50 ejector pump I do prefer the Hydromatic Diaphragm switch over any type of float switches. Float switches at times get solids on them which prevents them from turning on.