Sewage Basin

Users who are viewing this thread

Redrobster

Reaction score
Hello gals and gents...

We are installing a full bath and wet bar in the basement and it will need a sewage basin, this is our summer place in the country. My brother said we should install 2 basins that connect so if one breaks down the other one can kick in. He had this happen with someone in the shower and thus sewage and everything backed up and it was a mess before they got it corrected. A couple of questions since I haven't dealt with something like this before...

Is this allowed as per code? As I said we are in the middle of the country, probably won't be inspected.

If so, I don't see any basins that have a second horizontal opening for an exit just the 3" or 4" typical opening for the main line.

Thank you!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
We install what are referred to as Duplex basins. Two pumps in one basin with a controller and alarm. I think Liberty makes the best premade system.

Here is the link for Home Depot selling it.

Recent installation of that kit.

1701806097004.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks