Settings for Fleck 7000SXT, 48,000 grain system

Users who are viewing this thread

sabre

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I went with a Fleck 7000 SXT Meter Water Softener with 48,000 grain capacity. I am waiting for push on sharkbite connector/hoses and will install it this week. I wanted to try and get a jump on programming with the excellent help of the experts here. Here is my situation.

Fleck 7000 SXT Meter - 1" adapter but that goes into 3/4" household pipe. 8% resin. 10x54 resin tank.

On well water -- household of 6.

hardness of ~10 gpg
Calcium 33 mg/L
Sulfate 18 mg/L
pH 7.2 SU
Iron ND

When looking at system to get, Reach4 previously said "You want to go up to a 1.5 cubic ft "48000 grain" which you will set up to give 30000 grains of softening with a lot less salt." -- So i suppose it should be set up in this way.

Let me know any other information that might be valuable. The resin did come loaded, but did want to put in gravel, not sure that would impact settings. Thank you for any assistance.

Best, Tim

Reach4

Reaction score
If the BLFC is 0.125 GPM,
System info (not programmed)
salt lb/cuft : 6 ; A choice ( efficiency vs capacity)
BLFC : 0.125 ; Brine Refill rate GPM
cubic ft resin : 1.5 ; Same as (nominal grains/32,000)
Raw hardness : 11.0 ; including iron etc
Estimated gal/day : 360.0 ; 60 gal per person typical calc
Estimated days each regen : 6.9 ; presuming days each use reserve capacity

Fleck 7000SXT Settings:
DF = Gal ; Units
VT = dF2b ; Downflw/Upflw, Double Backwash dFFF=brine first
CT = Fd ; Meter Delayed regen trigger
C = 30.0 ; capacity in 1000 grains
H = 11.0 ; Hardness grains after compensation (unknown iron)
RS = cr ; Cr = base reserve on recent experience
CR = 0.0 ; 0 is default (leave it)
DO = 28 ; Day Override (typ 28 if no iron/Mn)
RT = 2:00 ; Regen time (default 2 AM)
B1 = 8.0 ; Backwash 1 (minutes)
Bd = 60.0 ; Brine draw minutes
B2 = 5.0 ; Backwash 2 (minutes)
RR = 10.0 ; Rapid Rinse minutes
BF = 24.0 ; Brine fill minutes
FM = t1.2 (usual) ; t1.2 is default flow meter

Note that the BD time above presumes either
#0 Injector - Red or #1 Injector - White While red would be ideal in this case, it is probably white which is OK too. If it is red, expect the brine to be drawn out in about 14 minutes and white about 10 minutes. The remainder of the time in the brine draw is slow rinse.
If the injector is #00 Injector - Violet, you would increase the BD to 82. That would be fine. Brine would be sucked out in about a little over 20 minutes.
If the injector is #2 Injector - Blue or #3 Injector - Yellow I would change that out.

Also note that I translated ~10 to 11. The only setting that changes with hardness is H, so put whatever number you think is right.

Last edited:

sabre

Reaction score
Thank you so much Reach4. This is great. I likely will have questions as I go through the process, but this gives me some confidence.

Best, Tim

sabre

Reaction score
Coming back to follow up. After the initial install, I forced a regen, skipping the brine draw as i understand resin comes charged. Today I forced another one (display showed ~500 after starting around 2500 -- i assume this means gals til next regen?). It seems to have done fine. But I do notice that in the salt tank the water is about twice as high as when it started (the initial water came in from the brine fill cycle in the first regen). Is this a concern? Is there i chance that the brine draw did not go proper? Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
But I do notice that in the salt tank the water is about twice as high as when it started (the initial water came in from the brine fill cycle in the first regen). Is this a concern? Is there i chance that the brine draw did not go proper? Thanks

Example: The first brine fill might have brought the water level up to 3 in the picture. Then the draw during the next brine draw could have brought the level down to 1.5. It is the air check valve that limits how much brine you draw. Then the next fill (and later fills) brought the water up to 4.5.

index.php

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Upon startup of most systems, it is usually advised to add a few gallons of water to the brine tank and allow the system to perform a complete regen. This "primes" the system and also helps clean out the resin for the first use.

sabre

Reaction score
Hi all, there was a kink in the drain line, so that messed everything up (it is behind some plywood, so hard to see). Likely was the issue with my original unit -- turns out i probably did not need to replace it after all, oh well. I am much more educated now.

Water now drains from brine tank, and last test showed hardness near zero - not as "slimy" water as the first go, but doing its job. I used mainly the settings above. Time to load up on salt. Thanks again.

ditttohead

Reaction score
I would recommend adding a couple gallons of water to the salt tank and run it through an extra regeneration if you completely exhausted the resin.

sabre

Reaction score
thank you dittohead for the suggestion. Is there a chance that long term damage was done to resin if it was completely exhausted?

ditttohead

Reaction score
Nope, not a problem at all. Some may disagree but these are usually people who read too much bad information online. I love the internet but the ability for people to pretend to have knowledge makes it quite funny sometimes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks