septic with sump pump question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by ruffy48, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ruffy48

ruffy48 New Member

I just moved into a house in the country which has a strange setup. I cannot believe this is right but it was approved by FHA.
    This house has a well (which is fine) and a septic tank (also not a problem). Before I got the loan from FHA, they made the previous owner install a sump pump in the basement. The weird thing is, everything except the commode now drains to the sump. And I mean everything........sinks, tub, washing machine! And to boot, it drains into the pasture on the next property. The old guy doesn't care, but I'm kind of concerned. What happens when I go to resell the house?
    Am I wrong in thinking this is a problem in Pennsylvania? This can't be normal.........can it??