Septic Tank Cleanout SHOVEL?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by chuck b, Oct 24, 2012.

1. chuck b

chuck b sea-bee

Have a 300 gallon septic tank that needs some of the debris removed from the bottom of the tank (not the usual pumped out stuff).

Have heard that there is an "angled shovel" made expressly for this purpose. Has anyone heard of this and know where I could obtain one?

Thanks.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

It is called a "honey dipper scoop" I bought mine about 30 years ago, but don't remember where I got it. check with a septic tank manufacturer in your area.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. 6t7gto

6t7gto DIY Junior Member

The shovel is NOT cheap.
    For a one time cleaning, I would see if I could beg/borrow/steal it from your local city/town service department.
    david
  4. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades