Septic cleanout

Users who are viewing this thread

rdean

Reaction score
I have a need to put a septic cleanout in the yard. The real reason is the occassional dumping of the travel trailer tanks. Spoke with the inspector. He said I could not put in a connector to dump, but he would not have a problem with a cleanout. Use it however I needed to.

So I dig down and use a snap cutter on the cast iron. Install a wye using Mission no-hub's. Should I put gravel around this before replacing the dirt? On the ground surface I intend to use one of those boxes with the lid so I will not have a problem with the mower. Have I left anything out?

Thanks for the input

rdean

Reaction score
chemicals

Don't use the stuff. I use a natural product similar to what I send into the septic periodically. I do not know why some have all the fuss over their black and gray tanks. I treat it like my septic, keep water in the traps and toilet and we have no odors. I watch what passes when I dump and it is similar to what I have seen others dump that are heavy with chemicals. So why spend all the extra $$$. Besides the chemicals would go into someone else's septic. Why would I want to do that?

County tried to strong arm everyone around me to put in sewer about 10 years ago. Most paid out the $$ and complied. In fact some are just now paying it off. I was told if I need any major repairs they will condem my septic and force me to go to sewer. So I take care of it. Wash water is recycled to the gardens. Only thing down the chute is what needs to go down.

To go from where I park the trailer to where I will need to place the cleanout means I will need to use one of those macerator type of hoses. All the better I think. It might help that #2 is off limits to the males of the family. :D unless it is a dire emergency! Now that would be a totally different situation.

With that all said do you think the installation is correct?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks