Second zone over temperature setting

Users who are viewing this thread

nhboilerguy

Reaction score
I have a problem with my second floor zone heating above the set temperature. It's not just residual as I can feel that the pipes are warm. I have checked and they only get warm whenever the first floor zone is calling for heat. It also feels like the return side is hotter than the supply side at about 4 feet from the boiler. This makes me think I have a back flow problem. I have a new Grundfos UPS 58FRC 3 speed circulator on zone 1, which says right on it that it has a check valve. On zone 2 I have a Taco 007-F5 which I checked by setting the t/stat higher and it is working. The 2 pumps are mounted side by side vertically and zone 1 has a 90 degree elbow that joins the main return line about 2-3 inches below the zone 2 pump. There is a Taco 219 swetcheck about 6 feet from the boiler in the zone 1 supply line but no check valves in the zone 2 line. I added the second zone loop about 15 years ago when I finished the second floor so I know there isn't one.
If this is a back flow issue, my question is where would I place a check valve? In the zone 2 supply side or return side?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks