Sealing around septic pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Geo422, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Geo422

Geo422 New Member

Hi my septic pipe runs through my concrete basement wall and sealed with Hydraulic Cement . Now the ground water is seeping in with a heavy rain it a good leak. Is there a better way to seal this up around the pipe? Wanted to asked before I started digging.I have a septic system. Thanks george
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I think hydraulic cement is the best material for the job. Since it is leaking, I would have to suspect a poor job was done in applying the cement and therefore it should be redone.