Sdr 35 fernco fitting

Users who are viewing this thread

Gtomike06

Reaction score
Need to replace a couple foot section of 6 inch sdr 35. The only fernco fittings I can find are to loose on the pipe and fit over sch 40. Is there any other fittings made to join the sdr35 since I can't slide a fitting in? Thanks

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
A few options (not exhaustive):

- It will probably work just by cranking down on the hose clamp, although I'm not a huge fan of that idea.

-What type of SDR35 pipe are you using? If solvent weld, gluing a hub from a piece of hub-end pipe onto the SDR35 will increase the OD, and it will probably end up very close to what the Fernco is intended for.

-Or they make thin solvent-weld bushings for this purpose, e.g. (random example):

-Never tried Fernco's HULK fittings, but the HULK5 says it will work for ODs from 5.30" to 6.7", so that should cover 6" SDR35 at about 6.3".

Cheers ,Wayne

Gtomike06

Reaction score
A few options (not exhaustive):

- It will probably work just by cranking down on the hose clamp, although I'm not a huge fan of that idea.

-What type of SDR35 pipe are you using? If solvent weld, gluing a hub from a piece of hub-end pipe onto the SDR35 will increase the OD, and it will probably end up very close to what the Fernco is intended for.

-Or they make thin solvent-weld bushings for this purpose, e.g. (random example):

-Never tried Fernco's HULK fittings, but the HULK5 says it will work for ODs from 5.30" to 6.7", so that should cover 6" SDR35 at about 6.3".

Cheers ,Wayne
Appreciate the options.

I may try and just crank down on it. Though about maybe putting a layer of electrical tape on it? But it says online the range for the standard fernco is 6.30 to 6.80. But man it sure looked loose on the sdr35 at the store.

I really like those hubs but doubt I'd be able to get some from a store tomorrow.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
A regular bell end of sdr35 pipe is the size of regular sched 40 (or very very close). I think the coupling idea is good. Or you could simply cut some bell ends off and glue them on like a bushing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks