Rust particles coming out.

Users who are viewing this thread

hondatech

Reaction score
I have a well system and qest pipes. I have rust particles coming out of all my faucets. We have had a lot of rain here lately too if that matters. Whats going on?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
QEST (PB or PEX) is very smooth and rust doesn't build up much in that type material so you get the rust through it quite easily.

You need a water test on your water from as close to the well as possible, like at the boiler drain valve on the pressure tank tee. Test for iron, hardness, pH at least and Coliform bacteria would be a good idea, along with manganese if possible plus sulfates, chlorides and TDS (total dissolved solids). Then post the test results.

hondatech

Reaction score
QEST (PB or PEX) is very smooth and rust doesn't build up much in that type material so you get the rust through it quite easily.

You need a water test on your water from as close to the well as possible, like at the boiler drain valve on the pressure tank tee. Test for iron, hardness, pH at least and Coliform bacteria would be a good idea, along with manganese if possible plus sulfates, chlorides and TDS (total dissolved solids). Then post the test results.

I just checked out your website and noticed Nescopeck. I graduated from Berwick. We had the water tested when we bought the house last july. We have high iron hard water our ph level wasn't that bad.
The sediment coming in is clogging faucets washing machine and toilets.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
I was born and raised in Berwick, BHS 1960 and lived there most of my life. The last 18 months my wife and I have lived in our motor home and currently we are in TX on our way to FL in a few weeks.

Is any of this iron slimy slippery snotty? Especially in the toilet tanks at and under the water line?

Is you water ever dirty or colored?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
Then you have IRB (iron reducing bacteria) a large group of non-harmful bacteria made up of both aerobic and non-aerobic types. It likes to live where the velocity of the water flow is increased or highest and can choke off flow. Like in filter screens or other flow restrictions. You have to kill it with a disinfectant, aeration can make the problems worse.

Since the water is visibly dirty, you must filter it clear before the introduction of the disinfectant or it can't work. I would use a backwashed turbidity filter, and then my inline pellet chlorinator and special mixing tank, equivalent to a 120 gal retention tank, followed by a special carbon in a backwashed filter to clarify the water and remove th chlorine. But I'd have to talk to you first to figure out how dirty the water is and what size filters your house requires.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks