rough-in for body sprays

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by skatona, Jan 18, 2005.

1. skatona

skatona New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Technical Support Engineer
    San Jose, CA
    Having trouble getting an answer to this, so hope someone out there can help. I am installing 4 body sprays, two on each of two opposing walls, using one 1/2" volume control valve. The valve can supply about 12g/m at 75psi and the sprays each use about 2.5g/m at 80psi (if my math is right, I should be OK there). Now, I have heard from many sources that a balancing loop is highly recommended to even out the pressure on each spray. I have no problem doing that, except in this case, since I have two and two, can anyone tell me if I should run two seperate pipes from one wall to the other making one "giant" loop, or is just running one pipe and looping at each pair sufficient?? Also, would the 1/2" pipe be adequate to assure even balance between all sprays, or could I / should I go with 3/4" for the distance between the pairs??

Thanks for any feedback on this one.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    I believe you need one big loop to balance both pairs of sprays. Check with the manufacturer. They usually offer install diagrams.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement