Roman Tub Faucet Seal

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Michael Hoge, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Michael Hoge

Michael Hoge New Member

I recently moved into a home built in 2003. The faucet for our roman tub was off (like shown) when we moved in. When I put it back on and use an allen key to tighten the screw I am still not getting a good seal around the base and water comes rushing out.

I was thinking about getting some sealant tape maybe and wrapping the valve before putting the faucet on but I'm not sure that will work.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

faucet.jpg

2. hhplumbing

hhplumbing New Member

there should be an O-ring that completes the seal between the spout and the stem. after years the rings do need replacing

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement