return duct

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by curry, Feb 25, 2009.

1. curry

curry New Member

i have water in my return air duct. it is the first time. what can i do,and what is the problem:confused::confused:
  2. Hube

Hube New Member

More info will be needed in order to give you a proper reply.
    is this a main return duct or is it panning (joist lining)?
    is there a water pipe within this return?
    Is the duct near a humidifier?
    how much water are we talking about?
    Does the duct end at an outside wall cavity?
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

duct

I assume that this is an underground duct. You need a pump to remove the water. HOW the water got in there requires some investigation, because there are MANY ways it could have happened, not all of them serious.
  4. garyl53

garyl53 Engineer

Speaking of "returns", are there code restrictions as to what pipes are allowed to pass through an HVAC return?