Replacing vacuum breaker on outside faucet with fine threads

Users who are viewing this thread

rkka93

Reaction score
I'm in a house built in 1983. A year or so ago, I had a problem with a vacuum breaker (Nibco-VBS-12-ASSE 1011) on an outside faucet. When I tried to find a replacement at the big stores, I found out mine had finer threads than what they carried. I went to a plumbing supply store and they said I'd be lucky to find a replacement. I ended up taking it apart and somehow got it to work ok.

Now it's not working again. Searching online for that model number hasn't yielded anything, but I found this forum. I'm hoping someone here may know where I can find a replacement part otherwise I think I'll have to get someone to replace the whole assembly.

Here are some pictures
IMG_3888..jpgIMG_3887..jpgIMG_3889..jpg

Thanks for any help,

Rob

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The good news is we know exactlly what you have there. It is a Nibco 63CLVB vacuum breaker hose bibb. The bad news is contained in the link I post below...that valve is discontinued and no parts made for it. There is an off chance that if you find a very old plumbing supply house ( not a box store) with very dusty back room or basement, maybe they would have that VBS-12 vacuum breaker part. Good luck.

www.nibco.com/showFile.do?fileId=6850

rkka93

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and quick response. I was afraid that would be the case, but at least I know what I need to do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks