Replacing a "Mix-it" Cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

k9styl94

Reaction score
Could someone please help w/ my shower?
I have a stand-up shower w/ a single hot/cold shutoff valve.
When turning off the water, the water leaks from the showerhead.
I believe that I need a new cartridge. I pull off the H/C cover to reach the cartridge/stem, but I can't seem to get the cartridge out. Is there clip that needs to be taken off? Please help

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Mixet

They made two versions, a long one and a short one. The long one does have a "C" shaped clip holding it in. Its main function is to provide a rotational stop so the handle cannot be turned 180 degrees going from cold to hot to cold again. If you have this one, then be warned that there is an "extension" piece that might come off with the cover tube. Do not damage this extension because there are two different ones and they are both expensive if you can find a company that has them. also, if you have the long one, you can install it without the "C" clip.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks