Replacing a "Mix-it" Cartridge

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by k9styl94, Apr 12, 2005.

1. k9styl94

k9styl94 New Member

Could someone please help w/ my shower?
    I have a stand-up shower w/ a single hot/cold shutoff valve.
    When turning off the water, the water leaks from the showerhead.
    I believe that I need a new cartridge. I pull off the H/C cover to reach the cartridge/stem, but I can't seem to get the cartridge out. Is there clip that needs to be taken off? Please help
  2. Possibly.
    What is the brand of the faucet?
  3. k9styl94

k9styl94 New Member

The brand is called mixit
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Mixet

They made two versions, a long one and a short one. The long one does have a "C" shaped clip holding it in. Its main function is to provide a rotational stop so the handle cannot be turned 180 degrees going from cold to hot to cold again. If you have this one, then be warned that there is an "extension" piece that might come off with the cover tube. Do not damage this extension because there are two different ones and they are both expensive if you can find a company that has them. also, if you have the long one, you can install it without the "C" clip.