Replacing a "Mix-it" Cartridge

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by k9styl94, Apr 12, 2005.

  1. k9styl94

    k9styl94 New Member

    Apr 12, 2005
    Could someone please help w/ my shower?
    I have a stand-up shower w/ a single hot/cold shutoff valve.
    When turning off the water, the water leaks from the showerhead.
    I believe that I need a new cartridge. I pull off the H/C cover to reach the cartridge/stem, but I can't seem to get the cartridge out. Is there clip that needs to be taken off? Please help
  2. Mike Swearingen

    Mike Swearingen New Member

    Jan 12, 2005
    Independent Real Estate Broker
    On Albemarle Sound In Northeastern NC
    What is the brand of the faucet?
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. k9styl94

    k9styl94 New Member

    Apr 12, 2005
    The brand is called mixit
  5. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    They made two versions, a long one and a short one. The long one does have a "C" shaped clip holding it in. Its main function is to provide a rotational stop so the handle cannot be turned 180 degrees going from cold to hot to cold again. If you have this one, then be warned that there is an "extension" piece that might come off with the cover tube. Do not damage this extension because there are two different ones and they are both expensive if you can find a company that has them. also, if you have the long one, you can install it without the "C" clip.
Similar Threads: Replacing Mix-it
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Minimal hot water after replacing cartridge Jan 21, 2015
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Old Gerber tub plumbing - replacing myself, need help Jan 5, 2015
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Replacing bad shower drain fittings with new. Sep 22, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Costs of replacing Tub/Shower Valve Jun 22, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Replacing Cast Iron Shower Drain With PVC Apr 4, 2014

Share This Page