Replacement Shower Drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by rdtompki, Nov 1, 2006.

1. rdtompki

rdtompki New Member

As part of a master bath re-do I'm replacing the CI shower drain; don't know if it's necessary, but I don't know how long the old one has been in place. I bought a ProFlo 2" cast iron no-calk(sic) shower drain. I believe this is made in Taiwan. Is this a reasonable product to use for this application? I would have preferred a square drain, but have been unable to find.

Rick
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Most plumbers don't do tiled showers, and many of the tile guys actually have more experience about what works well in the shower (other than probably the valves). Suggest you go over to www.johnbridge.com and you can also get up to speed about how to make a shower that will last a very long time without problems.