Replaced old Mansfield flush valve seal, but still have trickling leak...

Users who are viewing this thread

gregger77

Reaction score
I had a slow, trickling leak from the tank on my early 70s Mansfield. So I replaced the flush valve seal (black snap-on disk) at large rounded end of the "horn" of flush valve (type 208/209). I made sure it was applied evenly, nice and flat, with the tube section seated well to the center hole. Unfortunately, although the leak has slowed, it still trickles a bit. When I put a little downward finger pressure on the “horn,” the leak stops.

Do you think the tank-to-bowl / TTB gasket that the new flush valve seal meets is worn, too? (It’s old, I know that much!) I assume the only way to replace this TTB gasket is to remove the tank (and by the look of the tank bolts, this is not looking to be a pretty task!!!)

Would it do any good to try wipe the TTB face clean and see if that helps the flush valve to seat better?

I would hope the TTB gasket is easy to find. Should I replace anything else…the actual body of the tank/bowl “transition” or whatever it’s called? Thanks for your advice!

Greg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks