Replace pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Donna Forrest

Reaction score
Recently purchased small cottage (1200 sq ft) built in 1964. Hot water in bathtub is just a dribble. Other taps are ok - but cannot use water in multiple taps at the same time.
New toilet installed 3 months ago - noticed discolored water in bowl. Looked in tank and found that a lot of rust colored sediment is in the tank. What is the remedy for both problems? I am a 72 year old widow, so I am not a diy person.

Reach4

Reaction score
city water or private well water?
slab, crawlspace, or basement?
pipes are steel, copper, or don't know?

Start asking your new neighbors about a good plumber.

Donna Forrest

Reaction score
city water or private well water?
slab, crawlspace, or basement?
pipes are steel, copper, or don't know?

Start asking your new neighbors about a good plumber.

City water, crawl space, galvanized pipes. I am in a small town in SC - projected cost?

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a plumber or other professional, and I have not had it done. But I am going to guess $4500 to replace the pipes. I could be way off.

You might want to consider getting a water softener at the same time. For that add $1500 to $2000 budgetary. Ask your water department how hard your water is.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
The only way you can get a precise estimate is by calling 2-3 plumbers who are working in your town. There are a few choices to be made that affect the final price.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks