Repiping galvanized to pcv

Users who are viewing this thread

packman123

Reaction score
Hi
I have 2 stubouts under the kitchen sink. The pipe on the left lower goes up and through the framing to the roof vent and also ties in to the right upper stubout at the top. The right stub goes down and ties into the left for venting and drains at the bottom. The first picture shows the 1.5inch joining together and increasing to 2 in.
I want to replace all of it with plastic and change the setup to one stubout. If I cut the left pipe above the what looks like a reducer and Fernco it to a santee, should I move it up to 12" and center it. The height is now 7" from the cabinet bottom. I'm hoping with a series of cuts that I can pull that mess down and out.
Here are my questions.....
1-Should the pvc in the wall for the stubout be 1.5 or 2"
2-Do i need to support the left pipe before cutting or will the framing hold it
3-Should I cut the right stubout above the connection and cap it
4-Do I need to have 2 traps under each of the sink drains

I appreciate any help. I did not get any estimates on this, but I would pay if I cant get it figured out.
Thanks Much
Bob

Attachments

• P4070066.JPG
    P4070066.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 296
  • P4190007.JPG
    P4190007.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 296
  • P4190010.JPG
    P4190010.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 286
  • P4070061.JPG
    P4070061.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 276
  • P4190011.JPG
    P4190011.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 281

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
2" drain with 1-1/2" vent is standard of n most places. The transition from vertical to horizontal under the floor should be made with a combo (never a sani-tee).
You are doing to need to move the vertical drain right or left to make enough room for the transition. The hole through the floor joist there is no good.

packman123

Reaction score
2" drain with 1-1/2" vent is standard of n most places. The transition from vertical to horizontal under the floor should be made with a combo (never a sani-tee).
You are doing to need to move the vertical drain right or left to make enough room for the transition. The hole through the floor joist there is no good.
Are you talking about one of these with a cleanout plug right before it goes through the floor joist hole??
I'm assuming the stub out is a SanTee with 1.5 on top and 2-2" holes..
I'm in Menomonee Falls WI.. Are you close?

Attachments

• combo.jpg
    combo.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 368

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Actually, I am not sure what any of the pictures show. The right hand pipe looks like it is the vent for a basement drain, and I am not sure what the fifth picture shows because I have never seen anything like it, and it should have been impossible to do in the first place.

packman123

Reaction score
Actually, I am not sure what any of the pictures show. The right hand pipe looks like it is the vent for a basement drain, and I am not sure what the fifth picture shows because I have never seen anything like it, and it should have been impossible to do in the first place.
Ok..The fifth picture shows the 2" going up the sink wall from the basement. The stubout on the left is a drain that goes up to the vent and down to the basement through the pipe in picture 5. The whole arrangement is a square of 1.5" galvanized pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks