rented Rainsoft water softener

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by JoAnn101, Feb 19, 2011.

1. JoAnn101

JoAnn101 New Member

Hi Terry and everyone, I'm really glad I found the forum because it's helped me several times in the past when I had to fix something by my little ole self, without ever having to post. Now, I'm stumped. I have a rented Rainsoft, which I'm sure I've paid for several times over the last three years. I need to find the model number of the unit so I can determine its age and value, then decide what to do about keeping the rental or not. They've never really given me any service, I buy my own salt, which is a major hassle when you weigh 110 pounds:).

Can anybody tell me where they hid the label?

Thanks!!!!!

Jo Ann
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Photo of the unit?
  3. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

You should have a modified Fleck 5600 control valve.

Normally Rainsoft softeners are undersized.

You would do well by telling them to come get it and installing a new unit bought online.