Removing single handle faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by kkeala, Dec 28, 2004.

  1. kkeala

    kkeala New Member

    I am trying to remove a single handle kitchen faucet. In the past, I have used an allen style wrench (that comes with the repair kits) through an access hole under the handle. But in this case, the allen screw head looks like one would if it were rounded out somehow. Is this some style of screw head that I haven't encountered before? It just seems unlikely to me that an allen head would round out like that.

    I am trying to replace the o-rings in the spout which leaks out the sides.
  2. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    New England
    If it sort of looks like a star, it could be what they call a Torx. They come in numbered sizes.
  3. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Cave Creek, Arizona

    It is probably an Allen screw, and because they have a small cross section, they will round out. But it could also be that your wrench is one size too small or metric, or the allen screw could be metric, and is not fitting perfectly.
Similar Threads: Removing single
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice removing single handle shower faucet Aug 10, 2007
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Removing a 3" Stack vent - Replacing with 4 - 1 1/2" vents????? Friday at 5:33 AM
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Removing Moen tub spout Oct 16, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Removing Flange Ring in Pedestal Sink Jul 13, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Having Trouble Removing Vanity Sink Altmans Faucet Flange Jun 8, 2014

Share This Page