Removing kitchen faucet cartridge

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by fishermanarn, Apr 13, 2009.

1. fishermanarn

fishermanarn New Member

I'm having trouble removing the cartridge from my Kohler 168 kitchen faucet, single lever. Any suggestions?
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

3. fishermanarn

fishermanarn New Member

I'm trying to get that nut but everything underneath is turning..can't hold it.
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Try getting it into proper orientation again, tighten the #33832 nut or, the screws on the #78539 nut. Hopefully you can get it to stop spinning and get the nut off. Mabe you'll have to get someone down below to grab hold of the #73488 body on the exposed threaded shank to keep it from spinning. If you have to do that, I'd try leaving some good threads close to the nut so it can be spun off slightly before it locks up. This will help a lot someday when you have to change the faucet.
  5. Suggestion: Remove that Kohler pile of junk and install a Moen.
  6. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I was being diplomatic...
    But yes that is not a bad idea....