Remodel

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by ysobored25, Jan 27, 2006.

1. ysobored25

ysobored25 New Member

I will soon begin remodeling my bathroom. The original plumbing for the sink was up against the wall which led directly to the basement. The previous owners put in a pedestal sink in the center of the room and used the original plumbing up against the wall for the drain line by creating a rollercoaster type drain valve from the center of the room to the far wall to connect. They had to build out the wall appx 1 foot fo hide all the connections but when the cabinet to the right of the sink is open you can see the existing plumbing connecting to the drain line. I would like to install a vanity and have it centered in the room without having to build the wall out by the 1 foot the previous owners did. Any advice would be appreciated.