relocating washer

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by knucklehead, Feb 8, 2007.

1. knucklehead

knucklehead New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    I have some questions about venting a laundry waste.
    1. I need to move my washer to a new location. I want to tie in to the main waste pipe with a comb. wye, run to the trap, and rise to the laundry box. Because of the way my chimney, crawl space, adjacent raised slab, and load bearing walls all come into play, I am having a problem locating the vent.I If I could vent before the trap, no problem. For example, trap -comb wye,1/8, riser- laundry box. Is this possible, or should the vent be after the trap?
    2. No matter how I locate the vent, can I use a studor vent in the attic?

2. kordts

kordts In the Trades

Oct 15, 2005
    industrial service plumbing foreman
    exurban Chicago
    You can vent off the main or off the branch.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Randyj

Randyj Master Plumber

Nov 25, 2006

"studor vent"... I assume this is the same as an "air admitance valve"... yep, can be used... acceptable by code, maybe, maybe not.