relocating washer

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by knucklehead, Feb 8, 2007.

1. knucklehead

knucklehead New Member

Hello-
    I have some questions about venting a laundry waste.
    1. I need to move my washer to a new location. I want to tie in to the main waste pipe with a comb. wye, run to the trap, and rise to the laundry box. Because of the way my chimney, crawl space, adjacent raised slab, and load bearing walls all come into play, I am having a problem locating the vent.I If I could vent before the trap, no problem. For example, trap -comb wye,1/8, riser- laundry box. Is this possible, or should the vent be after the trap?
    2. No matter how I locate the vent, can I use a studor vent in the attic?

Thanks
  2. kordts

kordts In the Trades

You can vent off the main or off the branch.
  3. Randyj

Randyj Master Plumber

"studor vent"... I assume this is the same as an "air admitance valve"... yep, can be used... acceptable by code, maybe, maybe not.