Regeneration time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumbingnoob

Reaction score
Officially at a current pH of 10.22 with my setup. As an experiment, I'm going to monitor how long it takes the corosex to dissolve (0.5 cu ft) and for the pH to get down to 6.5 to 7 pH. Currenty, I have both BAN set to backwash once every three days. I have not been using the water that much as of yet due to not fully being moved in yet but I assume this would speed up the corosex dissolving process. Lesson learned. once I am below 7.0 I will only add a 10/90 corosex calcite solution or 20/80.

Plumbingnoob

Reaction score
Checking back in, my wife and I have been moved into the house for two weeks now. Two days ago I used pH strips to sample the water and the colors are now indicating a pH around 9. Last time I posted the colors correlated to a pH of 10. Progress is being made! Almost to the goal...

Plumbingnoob

Reaction score
This is the last time I will be checking back in... I have been below pH of 8 over the past month. This morning and over the course of the past week I have measured a pH of 7.3. I am no longer using the strips either but have been using :

Etekcity 0.05pH High Accuracy Pocket Size pH Meter with ATC and Backlit LCD, 0-14 pH Measurement Range, 0.01pH Resolution Handheld pH pen tester

to track pH levels over the past few weeks. Moral of the story is if you do perhaps overshoot with corosex and / or do not mix up the calcite with the corosex before adding to filter over time (almost three months time for my case) you can actually get back down to a pH of close to 7.

July 9: pH 10.22
August 1st : pH 9
September 23: pH 7.3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks