Refinish Fiberglass Spa Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

TomC

Reaction score
I have a Round ( Not Deep ) Spa Tub in the bathroom that is Acrylic that I want to change to white. I NEVER use it, so I thought of refinishing rather than replacing. Any thoughts of refinishing a Fiberglass tub we be great.

Last edited:

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
Its a job for a pro due to the chemicals used and the expertise required to get a smooth glossy finish. Goggle "fiberglass bath refinish" and you'll get some hits.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
spa

Depending on the installation it may be cheaper to replace than refinish. Refinishing usually only is the better option if replacing it would entail significant wall removal and repairs.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I normal use, a refinsh job will look great, and have a life expectancy of 1 to 3 years. If you really never use it and just want the room to look good, if is probably worth a few hundred to do it.

TomC

Reaction score
Depending on the installation it may be cheaper to replace than refinish. Refinishing usually only is the better option if replacing it would entail significant wall removal and repairs.

To replace the tub $ 1800

To refinish it $ 450

It is a round tub 60" Diam and 20" deep

TomC

Reaction score
You never said the tub was made out of gold, platinum, or silver. Is the tub a drop in or is the tile installed over the rim?

It sits on top of the Marble. Its made of fiberglass/Acrylic

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks