Reduce Fittings?!?!?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by killacash, Sep 23, 2005.

1. killacash

killacash New Member

Hi,

I have a water chiller that has a male fitting only a 1 1/4 female fitting could fit on there. I need to reduce the size to 3/4 for my garden hose to connect on. Help thanks
  2. finnegan

finnegan New Member

You will probably not find a single fitting that will work for you. Instead you will have to build one using multiple fittings you can find at Lowes or HD. Or, you can go to a plumbing supply store and describe what you need and they will just put it together for you. By the way, what is a water chiller? That seems like an odd size inlet.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

This sounds like you are trying to make an improper connection. I don't know what a "water chiller" is for sure, I assume it is a device to cool your drinking water, and if so, you could create a cross contamination problem if you connect this to a hose. As far as the fittings needed, it would take a combination which isn't too hard to do, but I'd proceed with caution on this. When a water supply line is split to be able to use water inside and for irrigation, a backflow preventer or anti syphon valve is required to keep irrigation water which can easily be contaminated, from getting back into the household supply.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

chiller

Use a 1 1/4" x 3/4" reducing coupling and screw the hose faucet into it.