Reduce Fittings?!?!?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by killacash, Sep 23, 2005.

  1. killacash

    killacash New Member

    Sep 23, 2005

    I have a water chiller that has a male fitting only a 1 1/4 female fitting could fit on there. I need to reduce the size to 3/4 for my garden hose to connect on. Help thanks
  2. finnegan

    finnegan New Member

    Aug 16, 2005
    You will probably not find a single fitting that will work for you. Instead you will have to build one using multiple fittings you can find at Lowes or HD. Or, you can go to a plumbing supply store and describe what you need and they will just put it together for you. By the way, what is a water chiller? That seems like an odd size inlet.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. Gary Swart

    Gary Swart In the Trades

    Sep 1, 2004
    Yakima WA
    This sounds like you are trying to make an improper connection. I don't know what a "water chiller" is for sure, I assume it is a device to cool your drinking water, and if so, you could create a cross contamination problem if you connect this to a hose. As far as the fittings needed, it would take a combination which isn't too hard to do, but I'd proceed with caution on this. When a water supply line is split to be able to use water inside and for irrigation, a backflow preventer or anti syphon valve is required to keep irrigation water which can easily be contaminated, from getting back into the household supply.
  5. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    Use a 1 1/4" x 3/4" reducing coupling and screw the hose faucet into it.
Similar Threads: Reduce Fittings
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Vent reducer in horizontal position? Jan 2, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Pressure reducer tapping sound Dec 23, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Reduce 3" vent stack to 2" thru roof May 4, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Reduce 4" cast iron to 3" pvc? Apr 8, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice whole house system - where I reduce from the 1" inlet and outlet ports to my 3/4" Dec 7, 2013

Share This Page