Recommended brands/models for instant near-boiling hot water heater?

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by chrispitude, Mar 30, 2014.

1. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Allentown, PA
    My wife wants an instant near-boiling hot water heater installed at our kitchen sink. We already have the countertop hole and outlet; we just need to choose and install the unit.

I came across a discontinued Insinkerator H770 on clearance at a big-box store. However, I didn't even make it past step 1 of the installation. There's no rubber gasket, just a fiber gasket, and the dispenser never snugged up against our Corian countertops all the way to where I stripped out the screw threads. Now it's junk. I guess I know why it was discontinued...

Reading the reviews for this model and other Insinkerator models is scary - lots of terrible stories about leaking tanks, ruined cabinetry, shorted-out GFCI outlets, and all sorts of fun stuff.

Is there a good, durable instant near-boiling hot water heater that professionals prefer? Insinkerator appears to be consumer junk, or at least what I'm finding is. Are there commercial units I should look at? I don't mind paying a premium for years of trouble-free operation.

If this does not belong in the conventional HWH section, I apologize.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement