recommendation for compact skirted toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by urgh, Aug 7, 2013.

1. urgh

urgh New Member

Hi:
    I've now read too much info. I can choose either an American Standard Studio, an EAGO, or a TOTO Aquia i or ii (what is the difference? any links I've found don't work properly). I'd much rather work with the supplier of the American Standard but I can't find many reviews of this model. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

On the Aquia:

They are ALL 1.6gpf/.9gpf Dual Flush, Elongated, Skirted, 12" rough-in (except where noted)

CST412MF: Universal Height, 2-piece
    CST412MF.10: Same as above, with a 10" rough-in

CST416M ("Aquia II"): NOT Universal Height, 2-piece

MS654114MF: Universal Height, One-Piece, comes with SS114 Seat included

All the Aquias are popular, reliable toilets, on which Terry has had less than a 1 percent return rate after selling thousands of them, and people come back for more. In short, most people who choose to buy a dual-flush and who buy an Aquia like it very much.

I would say get the toilet that you want, rather than the supplier that you want.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Again I concur with wjcandee's fine advice. The supplier is not a very important factor. You should understand that skirted Toto toilets, Aquia being one of them, require using the Unifit adapter. This requires a somewhat different installation procedure that other toilets, but it is not especially difficult. The Unifit adapter is Toto specific so plumbers who have never installed them sometimes are a little apprehensive about them. However, if they can, and will read the installation instructions, it is very doable and should take just a little more time than a regular installation.
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Well, Gary is almost right! The Aquia does require a different installation than a 'normal' toilet, but it does not use the UnifFIt adapter as used in something like the Vespin. It's an adapter unique to the Aquia.
  5. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Thanks for the correct, Jim. I did not know there was another type adapter.