Recommendation for an easy turn garden hose bib sillcock with 1/2" threaded end + 3/4"GHT

Users who are viewing this thread

I am sweating here

Reaction score
Hello,
I wanted to ask a question about an easy turn hose bib. I need To replace one that is easy to turn, which is currently 1/2' threaded.It is a Dahl ( smaller quarter turn) I have always found that the large quarter turn handle was easy to turn, however I remember reading somewhere that it might not be very durable. ( preferential American-made)

Are there durable American-made One quarter turn large handle Products that can do this job? if this is not possible can you think of other two handleddesigns?

Thanks

I am sweating here

Reaction score
Are you needing a Frost Free hose bibb that is mounted in the wall?

This Prier Wall Hydrant is nice and US manufactured.

Or this Arrowhead Brass Boiler drain is also US manufactured
If I replace like for like in terms of configuration, is not a frost free. wouldn't something like

ARROWHEAD BRASS & PLUMBING 253BVLF​

be better? also is a side question, is most of the stuff made offshore ( from other reputable brands)?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Better is a relative term. But if the longer handle is what you're looking for in a quarter turn valve, then the answer would likely be Yes. That valve didn't pop up in my search. Arrowhead Brass 253BVLF

Any manufacturer who makes their product in the US will definitely let you know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks