Rainmaker Sprinkler

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by MzStine, Oct 9, 2005.

1. MzStine

MzStine New Member

I recently had a "Rainmaker" automatic sprinkler system installed and I noticed one of the sprinklers will not rotate, it just sits there and sprays water right into the fence without moving. Does anybody out there know how to adjust it to where it will rotate once again? Thanks for your help.....Karen
  2. RainMaker

RainMaker New Member

A "RainMaker" system? Hey, thats me! LOL! :D

Its most likely a "RainBird" brand system. Look on top if the rotor, and it should have the name of it there. The RainBird T-Bird rotor was notorious for not rotating. The RainBird 5004 was the replacement for the T-Bird, but I've seen those gear drives "strip" also. Try gently rotating the head until it stops, either clockwise or counter-clockwise. If the head starts to rotate again your ok. If not, the gear drive is stripped. The only way this happens is if someone turns the head opposite the way it was rotating (usually trying to adjust the arc). If it was just installed, you should be covered under warranty. Give the installer a call...

RainMaker :D
  3. MzStine

MzStine New Member

Rainbird

Hey, thanks a lot for your reply. I will try what you have advised me to do, hopefully that will work, if not it is still underwarranty and can be replaced easily. Thanks again, Karen