Rain

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Cookie, May 14, 2006.

1. Cookie

Cookie .

Just wondering if anyone there is from the North and getting alot of rain?
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

We've had about 4-5" in the last few days. Set a record yesterday in a 24-hour period for that day. I live on a hill, so far, so good. Nashua, NH.
  3. jadnashua

WIth the hills, you can have a huge difference in rain in a few miles. To view a local weather radar image try www.thebostonchannel.com , it's better than the normal images you can usually find.
  4. jadnashua

If it is a deep well,probably not unless the wellcap is open. Shallow well, again, probably not, but then anythings possible. Now, this is just suposition...
  5. vaplumber

vaplumber Guest

Definately dont drink the water without boiling it first! Well caps do not seal 100% tight, and most have small openings where wiring, pipes etc pass through. You also have septic tanks, cesspools etc washing out from the flooding which is contaminating the groundwater. Good luck and prayers are with you all!
  6. jadnashua

Southern NH rainfall total from this storm is expected to total in the area of 15"! In Nashua on Saturday, 4.7" recorded. Probably at least the same on Sunday, and it isn't supposed to stop until Tuesday sometime (although it is slowing down). The rivers are expected to crest sometime maybe today. Numerous roads washed out...great if you are a duck. Luckily, I live on a hill, and the roads are clear to where I need to go.

Re wells...if there is standing water on the ground at the well, things would be iffy. If there is none, then it probably will be okay - again, I can't say this with any certainty. Never hurts to be on the safe side.
  7. vaplumber

vaplumber Guest

If there is a crack in the bedrock 10 miles from you, and sewage is flowing into the water table through this crack, then it is in your well. Doesnt even matter if your land is dry. Your water vein feeding your well can travel hundreds of miles. Keep us posted and may God bless you.