question on second floor hot water being hot all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

James23912

Reaction score
I have a jet tub bath on the second floor fed thru pex, I usually turn on the water normally and never check it but today I went to just rinse off some paint and turned on the hot water knob and hot water came out right away. I don't understand, it would imply a leak somewhere but I have been in the house for 3 years and no leakage I am aware of, it seems strange. I did check and I see that the hot line for the tub is the first one on the manifold so I am wondering if that would keep hot water pushing upstairs? I have yet to get the sink hooked up but there is a second bath next to this one and the hot does not come on right away.

Nate E

Reaction score
If the mixing valve has internal leakage between the hot and cold side, water can circulate through the branch due to fluctuations in pressure between hot/cold.

This happens when rough ins are installed without the plugs that isolate hot and cold.

Nate

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks