Forced Hot Water Boiler Always Reads 25 PSI

Users who are viewing this thread

floodgun

Reaction score
IMG_1310.jpg
IMG_1311.jpg
Burnham 205NC forced hot water gas boiler. Water, not steam. Two floors, three zones, using two Tacos, where two of the zones are covered by one of the Tacos. Opened boiler drain valve, water released fine. Purged all zones, no problem; lots of air as expected, then runs clean for each zone. Opened boiler PRV, some air came out for about 5 seconds then stopped, and no water came thru. Mystery is this: why do I still have 25PSI in boiler after doing all this. Is this an 'airlock' issue, or is my boiler pressure gauge bad, or something else? I would have thought either opening the boiler drain valve and/or purging would have brought it down to 0 PSI. Expansion tank is a 30 that rings at bottom and solid at top. Check valves are rusty and don't let anything through, but how could it be those if I purged the air out of all the zones?

Plumbing.jpg
IMG_20240127_212845.jpg
IMG_20240127_212930.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg
IMG_1297.jpg
IMG_1314.jpg
IMG_1317.jpg
IMG_1316.jpg

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
Bad gauge. Take few pics of your system. Gauge shows temperature and water pressure and feet called a tridicator 1/2" pipe thread come in round, square shaped with piping out the back or from the bottom. Draining it down will be chasing air for a few days possibly and make sure pumps are off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks