PVC Closet Flange in Concrete Slab

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by enosez, Feb 16, 2007.

1. enosez

enosez Member

Heres my situation:

I have a 4" PVC pipe stubbed up for a toilet in a poured concrete slab.
    I am ready to finish this bathroom and will tile on top of the slab.

Here is my question:

To instal a closet flange properly,
    ******Can I use a closet flange made of PVC with a metal ring that slips inside the 4" pipe?
    ******Do I need to use cleaner and solvent? (I ask because once I glue the flange in place, its there. ) Future renovations will be a bitch!
    I have Pex in the concrete slab so I dont want to break the concrete.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

flange

Yes to both questions, although I personally would use a flange the goes over the outside of the pipe.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Just a word of caution. The slots for the tee bolts that hold the toilet must be positioned properly. Also, anchor the flange to the subfloor as well as gluing. Some guys use Tapcon screws, but my favorite method of anchoring anything into concrete is to use lead ferrels and sheet metal screws, and for toilets, I use stainless steel screws.