Proposed Layout, Please comment

Users who are viewing this thread

resq944

Reaction score
Hi All,

Are there any plumbers out there that can look at this plan. Let me know if you see any problems and if I need to vent the Tub drain above the trap arm. It is within 5' of the vent but the vent is below the trap. Is that an issue. Any comment would be helpful

Thanks
C
Bathroom%20Plumbing.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

It is a definite issue because connecting it at that point is the same as not having any vent. In addition, if those are really sanitary tees, and not combination Y-1/8 bends then they cannot be used where you have them.

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
my sani T

Yes the vent being below the tub trap is an issue, so the tub still needs a vent.
The two sanitary tees near the "existing drain" have to be wyes. You can not lay a tee on its side or back like that when used for drainage. The Yellow sanitary tee for the vent is ok under the IPC but may not be with the other codes.

resq944

Reaction score
hi thanks a lot gents. This was what I thought, the sani ts on their sides are there now, existing. I will replace them. How does this look as a revision, and insted of the yellow sani T what should I replace it with? (My Local is goverend by the IPC so unless there is a better solution I might just stick with it)

Bathroom%20Plumbing%20rev1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks