Proposed hose bibb/sillcock too close to grade...

Users who are viewing this thread

Grinch

Reaction score
My photos show the existing tap at the rear of the house, the earth slopes away here so a regular hydrant type sillcock works although it's tight.
The second photo shows the second location desired, a lot tighter.
I can find a "no kink" type of tap or a frost proof type, but not a product with both features combined, unless I opt for an Aquor type hydrant V1, cat number hhp002. I'd like to avoid spending this amount of $ on the Aquor as it's durability is not known and let's face facts, I'm cheap.I could forego the hydrant but would prefer not to, has anyone solved this conundrum before?
IMG_20240506_084644959 (1).jpg
IMG_20240506_085609902 (1) (1).jpg

Grinch

Reaction score
I've found an alternative that while costlier than a conventional hydrant is still less than an aquor.
The outlet is to one side and has a standard 3/4" threaded hose outlet.
Woodford model 25 or Woodford model 27.
Time for a happy dance....

Attachments

• woodford 25-27 Installation Instructions.pdf
    427.9 KB · Views: 28

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Woodford is a fine product Id go mdl 25 unless my code required the double check

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks