Propane Stove Reconnect

Users who are viewing this thread

Duke76

Reaction score
I just completed a kitchen remodel and need to reconnect my propane stove. I called my propane supplier to arrange the reconnect but their person is in the hospital and they are having problems finding someone to do the job.

Is the reconnect something I could do myself ? I'm an average handyman but have never worked with propane before. Normally I would want a pro to do it since the consequences of doing it incorrectly could be high. There is a shutoff valve coming out of the wall and a flexible supply line that connects to it. Both the valve and the supply line are probably 5 years old. (I've owned the house for three years so I'm not positive about the age).

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The valve should be fine. I'd want to replace the hose. Carefully check the connections and the valve for leaks before you push the stove back in place. You can do this with a soapy water solution sprayed on or daubed around...look for bubbles. It will take a moment to get all of the air out of the lines before the burners will light the first time so don't panic. You may want to use one of those long necked lighters rather than the stove's igniter the first time. Keep in mind that propane is heavier than air and will fill the room from the floor up, unlike natural gas which diffuses into the room (and has a chemical added to help detect that it is leaking).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks