Program help w/ Fleck 7000SXT as BW filter only

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by barclay7568, Aug 31, 2012.

1. barclay7568

barclay7568 New Member

Does anyone have a link to or easy written instructions for programing a Fleck 7000SXT to use only as a backwash for an iron filter?? Thanks for any assistance. I still have thin skin but after reading several of these threads my skin is thickening already. No softball played on this site, I guess.
  2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

In general, the 7000SXT backwash filter programming is just fine as the default. The only thing you would need to program is the backwash frequency. This is done by pushing and hold the up and down arrow buttons for about 8 seconds. This will get you into low level programming.

DO is the regeneration frequency. For a Carbon tank in most applications, every 7-30 days is just fine. For an iron removal system, more often, every day to every 5 days depending on many variables.
    RT is regeneration time, leave at 2:00

Let me know if you need more information.

http://www.pentairwatertreatment.com/en-us/Products/ResidentialControlValves/Fleck 7000SXT.htm

here is the service manual which includes full programming.
  3. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Barclay, you'll need to post your info and data so as Dittohead or others can actually tell you how frequently you should backwash the filter, and for how long it and the rinse should run for. (is that soft enough fer ya?)