Proflo kitchen faucets

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Racer814, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Racer814

Racer814 New Member

anybody ever worked on these?...I've got to work on one tommorrow and just kind of looked at it this afternoon but I couldn't get the escutcheon sleeve under the handle off...I can't see any way other than it screwing off but it didn't want to give up the ghost and I was scared I might break it.

I have no prior experience with this brand...looks like a grohe on the surface but says proflow on the base...

Attached Files:

2. If they are kin to Premier, they usually always mimic the insides of a Delta faucet.

There are so many brands now that are coming from across the pond that it's impossible to keep up with any outside the 5 major name brands.

I love the looks and styles of Moen; just wish they had the insides of a Delta. Moen has styles and different looks hand over fist with Delta.
  3. Looks Like Grohe

I hate them all, its like you got to be a rocket scientist

just to figure out how to get the dam handle off in the first place...

like a frigging rubix cube puzzle sometimes....

why cant they just make it easy like Delta????

I tell the customer that

"fools rush in where wize men fear to tread"

and if they want me to mess with it, ok,
    but if I scar the damn $$ thing up trying to
    pull off that handle after 10 years...... its too bad....
  4. Racer814

Racer814 New Member

I can see the top of the cartridge with the handle off and it resembles a grohe except there are no screws holding the cartridge body in....appears as though the sleeve holds it in

one of you guys want to catch this call for me?

no?

anybody?
  5. norcal1

norcal1 Plumber/Owner

Possible set screw hidden in the back...it's been a year or so but I had a heck of a time finding a hidden set screw on a proflow faucet.

Good luck.
  6. Racer814

Racer814 New Member

^thanks....I'll look for that
  7. Cass

Cass Plumber

If it is Pro Flo contact a Ferguson as that is their low $$$ brand that they sell..
  8. Racer814

Racer814 New Member

thanks Cass, you confirmed what I was thinking..
  9. dubldare

dubldare Plumber/Gasfitter

You need a special tool...

found a picture of one...

Attached Files:

10. Racer814

Racer814 New Member

^man, thats my favorite tool of all!!!!!

actually it screwed off....just had to put the pythons on it